Branham Tabernacle- 1940's
In the early 1940's, a new concrete floor was poured over the hard-packed dirt on which the wooden pews sat. One of the duties of the church janitor was to start a coal fire in the big pot-bellied stove which stood midway in the building against the south wall. The outside of the building was whitewashed to cover the watermarks left by the devestating flood of 1937, during which the pulpit and the pews had floated to the ceiling.
(Taken from "Only Believe", Vol 2 No 1.)
CLICK for MORE Details.
(Note: A "New Web Browser" window will open for this link. To return
to the "Photo Album", close the second Web Browser window.)